Getting To Grips With Office Facilities Training
Future Connect Group provides training in " Getting To Grips With Office Facilities Training " on various locations in London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.
Responsibility for office services is often shared and / or given low priority, with the result that efficiency and cost-saving opportunities are lost. This popular course covers all the relevant topics in a day and can be tailored to the very different needs of FM professionals or those without an FM background at all.
Depending on the particular focus required (see ‘Special features’, below), this course will give participants:
- A basic understanding of building services
- Practical guidance on space audits and relocation projects
- Tips on cost-saving opportunities
- Guidelines on supplier contracts
- An appreciation of health and safety requirements
- Advice on dealing with equipment suppliers and other third parties
- Update on fire, security and emergency planning
Understanding the building
- Building structure
- Utility services
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Energy and environmental issues
- Planning maintenance
Managing the space
- What are the functional requirements?
- What are the physical constraints?
- Designing for flexibility
- Ergonomics and choice of furniture
- Understanding plans
- Managing relocation
- Cost-saving opportunities
Managing the equipment
- Computers, cabling, printers, etc
- Photocopiers, fax machines, etc
- Vending machines and kitchen equipment
- Understanding supplier contracts
- Rent or buy decisions and other cost-saving opportunities
Managing health and safety
- Legal requirements
- Risk assessments
- Accident reporting
- Fire safety
- Security policy
- Managing security staff / contractors
- Emergency planning
- Disaster recovery
Managing third-party relationships
- Dealing with landlords and managing agents – know your rights!
- Selecting suppliers for goods and services
- Managing suppliers and contractors
Managing the ‘out of office’ experience
- FM responsibility for homeworkers
- Whose equipment?
- Health and safety issues
Future Connect Training Institute is a part of Future Connect Group. We provide intensive practical training in various subjects and jobs specific areas. The training courses are held around the year at various locations like London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.