Modern Electric Power Systems Design, Modelling, Analysis and Problem Solving Training
Future Connect Group provides training in " Modern Electric Power Systems Design, Modelling, Analysis and Problem Solving Training " on various locations in London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.
A reliable supply of electrical energy is becoming increasingly important in modern industrial processes. A properly designed power system improves the performance of processes and electrical services throughout the plant. Increased dependence on electrical energy and the introduction of new technologies and automation requires that the industrial power system is planned, designed and operated using the best available technology.
- Delegates will gain a detailed appreciation of the following:
- The operation and power flow characteristics of small and large networks and how the network can be so arranged to deliver more real power over the transmission system to load centers.
- The form and use of a range of FACTS devices to improve system operation.
- New CT and VT optical transducers and protection relaying system employing microprocessor configured relays.
- Protection systems for thermal monitoring of cable networks.
- Alternative forms of generation and embedded generation. Carbon emissions trading, etc.
- Diagnostic monitoring of plants and in particular GIS substations.
- Advances in power electronics and the application to HVDC links
- High-speed fault limiters and real-time stability monitors.
- Demand-side management
- Basic design considerations
- Planning guide for industrial plant design
- Voltage consideration
Fundamentals of power system analysis
- Review of voltage, current, and power in a balanced three-phase system
- The per-unit system
- Electrical machine parameters
- Transformers – Two and three winding transformer models
- Load models
- Electrical characteristics of transmission lines and cables
Short circuit studies
- The purpose of short circuit studies
- Sources of short circuit currents
- Data representation for short circuit calculations
- Basic shortcircuit analysis concepts
- Symmetrical components and sequence networks
- Types of faults
- ANSI/IEC short circuit calculation methods
- Evaluating circuit breaker duty
- Performing shortcircuit studies
- Interpreting shortcircuit study results
Power flow studies
- Data requirements for power flow study
- Formulation of the power flow problem
- Methods for solving the power flow problem
- DC and AC solutions
- Alleviating power flow problems
- Reactive power flow and voltage control
- Reactive compensation of lines and cables
- Voltage collapse
- Power factor correction
- Motor starting studies
- Why do we do MS studies?
- Data requirements for motor starting studies
- Modeling of induction and synchronous motors
Static motor starting studies
- Dynamic motor starting studies
- Alleviating voltage problems during motor starting
- Types of starting devices
Power factor and related considerations
- Reactive power and power system fundamentals
- Capacitor unit and bank ratings
- Protection of capacitors and capacitor banks
- Capacitor switching
- Motor terminal application
- Control of switched capacitors
- Harmonic and circuit resonance
- Equipment grounding
- High and low resistance grounded
- Selection of system grounding
- Overview of harmonic analysis
- What are harmonics?
- How harmonics are generated
- How harmonics are amplified
- Effects of harmonics on equipment
- How to eliminate harmonics problems
- Harmonic filters
- Overview of transient stability studies
- Overview of reliability studies
Future Connect Training Institute is a part of Future Connect Group. We provide intensive practical training in various subjects and jobs specific areas. The training courses are held around the year at various locations like London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.