Power System Blackouts (Cause and Preventive Measures) Training
Future Connect Group provides training in " Power System Blackouts (Cause and Preventive Measures) Training " on various locations in London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.
Major blackouts are caused by failing to conduct rigorous long term planning studies of the electrical system, and neglect to conduct appropriate multiple contingencies or extreme condition assessment. Also, the lack of sufficient voltage analysis and the use of operational voltage criteria that do not reflect actual voltage stability conditions and needs can lead to catastrophic blackouts. Reliability requirements and standards must be followed during the system operation. The security of the transmission system must be ensured under all conditions. Usually, major blackouts can result in a major loss of revenue, business interruptions, communication interruptions, security and bad quality of supply.
To provide electric system planners, designers and operators with concepts, tools, and methodologies essential to address modern-day issues of competition, open access, wheeling, and new technology in system planning
How to improve the quality of supply in A.C power system
Necessary steps to prevent cascading blackouts
Blackout causes overview
- Voltage instability initiating blackouts
- Induction motors role in triggering a blackout
- Cold rush current effects on blackout
- Blackout prevention by general & network voltage control
- Blackout prevention by loads voltage stabilization
Blackout preventive measures
- How and why the blackout begins
- Causes of the blackout and violations of standards.
- Under-frequency and under-voltage load shedding
Planning criteria and reliable operation of the power grid
- Reliability organizations
- Key parties in the pre-cascade phase
- Review of international practice
- Representing reliability measures and customer costs
- Application examples (U.S and Jordan Blackout)
- Contingency analysis
- Ranking and screening methods
- Defining a study area
- Handling divergence, islanding, relying on events
- Measuring customer impact
Transfer limit analysis
- Thermal and voltage limits
- Defining transfer conditions
- PV curses for normal and contingency condition
- Transient stability
Future Connect Training Institute is a part of Future Connect Group. We provide intensive practical training in various subjects and jobs specific areas. The training courses are held around the year at various locations like London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Rome, and Islamabad.